You receive several guests for a cocktail dinner? There is a good chance that at least one of the guests does not eat meat. To be up to expectations and to please all of your guests, plan a vegetarian menu with varied tastes that will satisfy even the biggest meat hater. In addition, it’s a good opportunity to broaden your culinary horizon and learn some quick and healthy recipes. Here are our proven ideas for vegetarian appetizers that will make you convert to vegetarian diet.
Proven recipes for successful vegetarian appetizers
Cheese balls with pistachios and dried tomatoes
- 6 cloves of roasted garlic
- 230 g of cheese cream at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- 3 c. fresh basil
- 1 C. fresh or dried oregano
- 170 g of feta cheese
- 20 g marinated dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of Kalamata olives
- one pepper
- 1 C. crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ cups crushed roasted pistachios
Cocktail recipe with a taste of the Mediterranean
Preparation for 12 – 18 cheese sweets:
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Peel the garlic cloves. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of olive oil and wrap with foil. Roast garlic cloves for 30 minutes or until browned and tender. Let cool, then crush the garlic with a fork. In the food processor bowl add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and roasted garlic, reduce to a creamy purée. Add basil and oregano, mix again. Stir in the feta cheese, olives, dried tomatoes, pepper and a teaspoon of marinade oil. Mix roughly. Take a small amount of the dough with a spoon and form the cheese candy. Let the balls cool for at least an hour. While the cheese balls are in the refrigerator, mix the crushed pistachios and crushed red pepper in a cup. Before serving roll the cheese candies into the mixture.
Bites of pretzels topped with cheese and beer sauce
- 1 ½ cup hot water
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 packet of dry baker’s yeast
- 6 c. melted butter, unsalted
- 2 ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups flour
- olive oil
- 10 cups water + 1 tsp. water
- 120 g of baking soda
- 1 beaten egg
For the cheese and beer sauce:
- 150 g – 200 g grated cheddar cheese
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- 225 g cream cheese
- ½ cup of beer
- 2 tbsp. powder chili
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 C. powder garlic
- ¼ teaspoons ground pepper
- ¼ c. salt
- a cup of green onions
- In the mixing bowl with a hook, mix together the water, sugar, butter and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender jar and mix on low speed.
- Increase the speed and continue beating until you get a smooth paste that peels off the sides of the bowl.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and knead lightly for 1 minute.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and shape into a ball so that it is covered with oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, dry place.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and a tablespoon of water.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Put 10 cups of water in a saucepan with baking soda and bring to a boil. While the water is warming, divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Place the pieces on a floured surface. Stretch each piece of dough to obtain long and thin ropes. Cut each string into equal pieces of about 2.5 cm.
- When working in small quantities, add the mini-pretzels in the boiling water. Leave there for 35 – 40 seconds before removing with a strainer. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, brush with egg and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
Cheese and beer sauce: In a saucepan, melt on medium heat the mixture of cheese, beer, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic and salt. Stir well to obtain a homogeneous sauce. Add chopped green onion before removing from heat.
The Octoberfest invites you to a dinner aperitif with these delicious mini-pretzels.
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp. capers
- the juice and zest of a ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- goat cheese crumbled
For the Parmesanshells :
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- the zest of a small lemon
- In a salad bowl, mix tomatoes, roasted red pepper trenches, capers, parsley with oil, juice and lemon zest. Add salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. In a small bowl mix Parmesan and lemon zest. Cover a rimmed baking tray with a silicone baking mat.
- Take some Parmesan cheese and a round cookie cutter by tapping lightly over it to form a disc. Shape 6 cheese discs and place them on the baking sheet without touching them. Put in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Do the same with the rest of Parmesan. Let cool a little before removing. Then place the patties in a muffin pan while they are still hot. Press lightly so that the cheese discs are cup-shaped.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes before unmolding.
- Before serving, fill the cups with the mixed salad and crumbled cheese.
Caprese salad served in a parmesan dish.
Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce – the most classic of the vegetarian appetizers.
- 12 cheese sticks cut in half or mozzarella cut into sticks
- ½ cup of flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- a cup of Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- a cup of marinara sauce
- olive oil
- Put the flour in a salad bowl. Beat the eggs in another bowl. Put the breadcrumbs on a third plate. Take the sticks that you will dip in the flour and then in the beaten egg. Coat them with bread crumbs. Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the cheese sticks in the oil for 1-2 minutes. Put them on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce.
Banana Donut Brochette with Mexican Chocolate Sauce
- For peanut powder : a cup of salted roasted peanuts
- 300 g of crystal sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon powder
- For the Mexican chocolate sauce :
- 220 g semi-sweet chocolate cut into pieces
- 120 ml of coconut milk
- ½ c. chili ancho powder
- ¼ c. cinnamon
- 1 C. coffee vanilla extract
- For banana donuts :
- 140 g of flour
- 30 g of rice flour
- 2 tbsp. Yeast
- a cup of Mexican beer
- 6 ripe bananas
- the zest of two limes
- Colza oil
Are you looking for ideas for fast and original vegetarian appetizers? Delight your guests with these banana fritters with exotic sauce.
- In the mixing robot bowl put the peanuts and 100 g of sugar. Reduce them to powder. Be careful not to crush the peanuts too much and turn them into butter. Add remaining sugar and cinnamon stirring with a spoon. Put the powder in a jar.
- Pour the coconut milk in a saucepan over low heat. Bring it to a boil. Remove from heat and add the pieces of chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in chili powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Before serving, heat the sauce over low heat.
- In a broad and deep plate mix the flour and the yeast. Gradually pour the milk and the beer. If the dough is too thick, add more beer. Heat the oil in a large pan. Cross bananas with bamboo skewers. Dip the skewers into the dough so that they are completely covered. Brown on both sides in oil for 2 – 3 minutes. Take the bananas out of the frying with a slotted spoon. Leave to drain on paper towels.
- Serve sprinkled with peanut powder, accompanied by spicy chocolate sauce.
Vegetarian appetizers, which are a real treat for the eyes and taste buds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- a large sweet potato cut into slices
- salt and pepper
- a cup of cashew nuts
- ½ cup dried tomato tapenade and grilled peppers
- basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Brush the slices of sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the rings over on their own and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Put the cashews in the robot’s bowl and mash them. Add 3 tablespoons of the tapenade. Garnish each bite with a little of the mixture, two tablespoons of tapenade and basil leaves.
Sweet potato bites accompanied by dried tomato tapenade, roasted red peppers, cashew nuts and spices.
- 2 onions
- 1 C. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- a cup of pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped sage
- 1 ½ cup grated mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of bread crumbs
- vegetable oil
- parsley or parmesan to garnish
- Heat a tablespoon of oil over medium or low heat.
- Throw the onion rings in the pan with a pinch of salt and two teaspoons of sugar. Add a little water if the onion rings begin to stick to the pan.
- Once caramelised, put the onions in a bowl.
- Cook the pumpkin in the same pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add more oil if necessary. Continue stirring until the pumpkin softens. Add the pumpkin cooked with caramelised onions and reserve in the fridge.
- Then add sage and mozzarella, mix well. Add salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. In another bowl put the breadcrumbs seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- Shape small balls of mozzarella mixture, dip them in the beaten egg, then coat them with bread crumbs.Repeat the operation once more.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Brown the croquettes for 2 minutes on each side and place them on a paper towel.
- Serve with a spicy yoghurt sauce.
Crunchy balls battered with mozzarella and pumpkin – delicious vegetarian appetizers
Sweet potato fries prepared in the oven to eat at will
Vegetarian appetizers – four healthy french fries recipes
Original idea for a vegetarian Christmas appetizer – Cheese and chili queso dip with red and green tortilla chips
Christmas vegetarian appetizers
Apple tartlets without cooking
Grilled aubergines stuffed with bulgur and feta cheese
Fried Brussels sprouts with lemon
Appetising mix of spicy nuts
Mellow cake with zucchini, goat cheese and pesto sauce – mini-cakes perfect to accompany a cheese platter
Ultra delicious vegetarian appetizers
Bring an original taste to your vegetarian appetizers with these slices of caramelised butternut squash and gorgonzola
Original idea for a vegetarian Christmas appetizer
Brie with pomegranate seeds, honey and pecans – a melting recipe to share with friends
Goat cheese lollipops with cranberries
”Fries” of roasted zucchini
Christmas cheese and dried cranberries rolled hors d’oeuvres
Grilled and spicy chick peas
Cinnamon Mexican churros for an exotic vegetarian appetizer
Feta cheese drizzled with honey and topped with orange zest, grilled pine nuts and mint
Lavash bread crackers with guacamole and red pepper breadsticks
Dips and spreads are a must for good vegetarian appetizers – dip sauce with white beans, lemon and rosemary
Hummus of grilled peppers, mint and goat cheese
Dried tomato and garlic dip with sweet potato chips
Goat cheese marinated in olive oil, garlic and thyme
Shortbread biscuits with three ingredients
Offer a variety of sandwiches for crispy vegetarian appetizers without fail
Sliced potatoes baked with garlic butter
Another easy recipe for brie bites
Indian vegetarian cuisine is an inexhaustible source of inspiration – paneer croquettes (Indian cheese), peas and potatoes
Vegan recipe of mushrooms stuffed with black rice
Home-made avocado spring rolls with coriander and lemon sauce
Puff pastry tartlets with spinach, feta and pine nuts
Vegetarian tacos with sweet potatoes
Vegetarian wraps with mimosa eggs and green beans for a quick mexican aperitif
Homemade chickpea hummus sprinkled with olive oil, garnished with whole chickpeas, onion and pomegranate seeds
Bites of brie and cranberry sauce
The video recipe
Antipasti aperitif skewers
Goat cheese slices and figs