There has been so many shifts in trends recently. With the rise of social media and influencers, trends seem to come and go all the time. And, although, these trends mostly concern the beauty and fashion industries, they are not the only ones enjoying the upgrades. Today, we are going to focus specifically on the baking and desserts industry. In recent years, we have seen cakes looking like real pieces of art. We were also here to witness the rise of unicorn and rainbow cakes, as well as geode cakes. In this article, we are going to talk specifically about the mirror glaze cake, however. We have gathered 60 examples that you can try, as well as some of the simplest recipes for a mirror glaze to make at home.
Stunning mirror glaze cake ideas you can try
How to make mirror glaze recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 15 gelatin sheets
- 26oz white chocolate, chopped with over 30% cocoa butter
- gel food coloring of choice
- In a pot boil the sugar, water and condensed milk for about a minute and remove from the heat.
- In 8 cups of cold water bloom the gelatin sheets for 5 minutes, wring them of the excess water and mix in with the sugar mixture.
- Pour the liquid over the chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes until the chocolate is soft.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the chocolate and the liquid. Try to have as little air bubbles as possible by going slow and not lifting the blender too high.
- Remove any excess bubbles by sieving the mixture into a large jug and keep doing it until all the bubbles are removed.
- If you want to have different colored glaze, separate the mixture into a few jugs. Add the food dye to them by stirring slowly, so as not to cause more air bubbles.
The mirror glaze recipe is quite easy
How to mirror glaze a cake?
- Make sure the frosting on your cake is smooth and refrigerated for about 2 hours before applying the mirror glaze.
- Place a wire rack over a rimmed sheet pan and put the cake on top.
- Measure your glaze’s temperature with a candy thermometer. It has to be 95°F in order for it to cover the cake perfectly without disturbing its consistency.
- Start pouring the glaze at the center of the cake going to the end in circles. Make sure that the whole cake and the sides are well covered.
- If you see any air bubbles, use a toothpick to pop them.
- Let any excess glaze drip to the sheet pan.
- Let the glaze set for about 30 minutes before serving.
There are certain steps to follow in order to achieve this perfection
Mirror glaze cake ideas
Isn’t this simply gorgeous
Galaxy cakes are another big trend of 2020, but what do you think of this mirror glazed galaxy cake
Simple, yet beautiful
Use mirror glaze for your wedding cake and the result will be unforgettable
Galaxy cakes are an absolute work of art when done right
This mirror glazed galaxy cake is so beautiful, I would feel bad if I had to cut it
How is this even a real cake
Who says glaze is beautiful only if it is super smooth – don’t be afraid to get creative
Mix two or more colors and pour them over your cake in circular motion
It’s so satisfying to watch mirror glazing
This one is so gorgeous
Beautiful donut cakes are another trend to follow right now, especially when covered with mirror glaze
Who says mirror glaze is only for cakes – how about cheesecakes
This chocolate mousse is a real masterpiece deserving of a perfect glaze
This is the perfect cake for you if you are a Doctor Who fan
Geoge cake + galaxy cake + mirror glaze cake – talk about trends
Gorgeous heart-shaped mirror glaze cakes just in time for Valentine’s Day
These mini cakes look super scrumptious
This is absolute perfection
Don’t be afraid to mix colors and be creative with your mirror glaze
Now this is one gorgeous cake
Such a beautiful cake