For those of you who like to experiment and paint with colors, we have put together more than seventy great pictures to trace. Some of them are for beginners, others for advanced. If you feel like putting your creativity to work and trying out new ideas and painting techniques, you’ve come to the right place. Regardless of whether you like drawing with watercolor, oil or acrylic paints, lead, graphite or colored pencils or perhaps pastel crayons, you will find inspiration for your own works. Nevertheless, there is a painting technique that predominates in our picture gallery and namely – painting with watercolors. We also give some practical tips that make painting with watercolors even more enjoyable and simple.
What material do you need for painting with watercolors?
- special watercolor paper, individually or as a painting block
- high-quality watercolors – twelve colors are completely sufficient for beginners
- Proper brushes – Choose brushes with natural animal hair as they absorb more color and water and deliver both evenly
Which motifs can be painted with watercolors?
- Almost all motives, but most preferred are landscapes, flowers and trees
For whom is this painting technique suitable?
- for experienced painters and beginners, as painting with watercolors is a varied painting technique and at the same time leads quickly to a final product
What should beginners consider when painting with watercolors?
- It’s best to start with the wet-on-dry technique
- Always paint from light to dark
- Clean the brush not only with water, but also with detergent after painting
- Always store the watercolor paints behind glass
- Always use a sufficiently large worktop
Nice pictures to trace
How to draw an avocado?
Draw a leaf in four steps
Learning to draw a flower
Draw a halved strawberry – instructions in four steps
Simple drawings for beginners
How to draw a beautiful lily
Draw a ladybird with little effort
Draw a piece of watermelon
Great pictures to trace – realistic cherries
Flip-flops drawing with six colors
How to draw a cocktail with five colors
Learning to paint a rose flower
How to draw a tree
Drawing cherries with felt-tip pens and watercolors
How to draw a lavender?
Draw a rose blossom in twelve steps
Draw a realistic eye in eight steps
Instructions for beginners
Drawing fruits with watercolor paints
Do you enjoy experimenting with colors?
As a beginner paint with watercolors
Many cactuses in colorful flowerpots
Paint a rabbit with watercolor paints
Every little detail is important
Woman with camera
Hot coffee and breakfast in bed
Drawing a woman in profile
Books open up new worlds
If autumn was a woman
But first coffee!
Porcelain cups with floral motifs
Easy drawings for beginners – drawing a swan
How to draw Winnie the Pooh
Learning to draw a kangaroo
How to draw a fish – guide for beginners
Draw a cupcake in six steps