We live in a technological age. What’s more, we live in a consumerist society, where everything is one click away. Nowadays, it is much more difficult to keep your child’s interest with simple games. Most children know their way around a phone before they turn 2. On one hand, you can keep your child entertained for hours by simply handing them a phone and letting them watch videos on YouTube or play games. On the other hand, though, that doesn’t really do anything for their imagination and creativity. That is why, today, we are going to talk about the advantages of drawing. Moreover, we have prepared 70 easy drawings for kids + simple tutorials they can follow.
Easy drawings for kids and how they help develop their creativity and imagination
What are the benefits of drawing for children?
- Drawing helps with concentration. By drawing your child will have to concentrate on this specific task for a longer period of time. What’s more, by focusing on the details, it will also improve their ability to pay attention more. This will definitely come in handy when it is time for school.
- It develops your child’s fine motor skills from an early age. Fine motor skills include any movement with your hands and fingers. Therefore, by drawing, your child will start to develop these skills very early on. So, it won’t be difficult for your child to learn how to write or type, or even drive at a later stage in their life.
- By drawing your child improves their hand-eye coordination. Because the results of the drawing are immediately visible, your child will be able to see the consequences of each hand move they make. Therefore, their hand-eye coordination will improve significantly.
- It helps them express themselves. Drawing is a form of self-expression no matter what age you are. Through letting your child draw whatever they want, you can see the world through their eyes. That is why you shouldn’t just rely on coloring books, but rather let your child be creative on a blank page.
- Drawing implies problem-solving, hence it is a great way to teach your child how to make decision. Whether it is what color they should use, or how to connect the head to the body of the animal they are drawing, your child will have to figure this things out on their own.
Creativity should be a part of any person’s life from an early age
Drawing has many different benefits for your child
Easy drawings for kids
Allow your child to play around with colors, even if it gets a bit messy
Some children showcase their talent at a very early age
Landscapes are easier to draw and are, therefore, a great start
The more colorful, the more imagination your child will put into the drawing
How to draw baby Groot step-by-step tutorial
Let your child’s imagination run wild
Make sure your child has enough crayons, pencils and markers
Coloring pages also help with hand-eye coordination
Step-by-step tutorial on how to draw Yoda
Elsa from Frozen is one of the most popular characters
And so is Dora the Explorer and her monkey Boots
Interesting way to draw a dog using the word “dog”
How to draw a gorgeous and scary dragon
Isn’t Tweety the cutest
Tutorial on how to draw kawaii clouds in four different ways
Draw a unicorn with the help of this step-by-step tutorial
Hand print art is a very common method of creating drawings with the help of your child’s hand prints
Draw a dolphin with the help of this easy tutorial
Let your child’s imagination run wild with this flying dragon drawing tutorial
Easy drawing ideas – how to draw a horse
Step-by-step drawing of a penguin
Here’s a tutorial on how to draw a boy with the help of the word “boy”
Cool pictures to draw – a cute corgi
Cute and easy drawings – kawaii dinosaur step-by-step drawing
Lego Batman is another famous character – here’s how to draw him
Mickey and Minnie Mouse drawing tutorial – the most famous faces of the Disney empire
Pusheen the Cat was all the rage recently
And here’s how to draw Luke Skywalker from the Star Wars franchise
Many children dream of becoming astronauts when they grow up
Here’s how to draw dragons step-by-step in three different tutorials
How to draw the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland