The popularity of mason jar crafts has skyrocketed in recent years. In the past, these attractive glas containers were used for fruit and vegetable preserves but when supermarkets started offering fresh produce all year round, canning became largely obsolete. As a result, people began finding other, more creative and imaginative uses for mason jars. In this article, our team will show you some great DIYs that will enable you to transform jars into beautiful decorative objects, gifts and more.
To begin with, here is a great idea for lace-adorned mason jars that you can easily make at home.
What you’ll need:
- Some patterned lace (you can also use a piece of old curtains)
- Crafts glue
- Flat brush
- First, measure the mason jar, in order to decide how much lace you’re going to need.
- Once you have the right dimensions, cut as much lace as required.
- Then, apply some glue to the surface of the jar. Make sure to distribute the glue evenly, and to cover the entire surface you’d like to decorate.
- Carefully stick the lace to the jar.
- Finally, press the lace with your brush, ensuring that it sticks well.
- If there is any superfluous lace, you can cut it away once the glue has dried.
- To add an extra touch of rustic beauty, tie a piece of string around your jar and secure it in a bow. Naturally, you can add more decorations, according to your taste. The finished jar can be used as a flower vase, or even a lantern – just place a candle inside, and enjoy the beautiful patterns projected on your wall!
We hope you enjoy making your own mason jar crafts! Check out our gallery bellow for more awesome ideas!
Mason jar crafts – a beautiful rustic centerpiece
The possibilities are endless!
A great idea for pampering your friends
We love these beautiful jar lanterns!
Adorable Christmas decoration idea
How about making some gorgeous vases?
Cute and clever romantic design
You can achieve this cool effect yourself, by tying string or ribbons around your jars, and then spray-painting them in your preferred color
Create a cozy winter atmosphere in your home with these adorable lanterns
Spice up your party’s snack table with this nifty fruit salad jar idea
Valentines Day gift idea for your partner and friends
More beautiful centerpiece ideas
There are so many amazing ideas to choose from!
Making preserves is not entirely forgotten! Some people still enjoy making their own jams and spreads.
Cute color-coordinated mason jar organizers
Here are some sweet Easter suggestions
We can’t get enough of these beautiful lace-decorated jar lanterns!
Complex and detailed or simple and clean – you decide!
We love these cute Halloween ideas!
Refresh your home with this lovely idea
Coming up with intricate decorative designs is fun, but even plain mason jars can look really effective, when they’re tastefully combined with flowers and other items
Candy jars are cute and make great gifts
Adorable table setting suggestion for your child’s party
Our team wishes you a lot of fun with your own mason jar crafts!